Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cake One

I made this cake last weekend, all from scratch.It was a triple chocolate raspberry cake. One of the layers of cake took a little longer to bake then the other, and I ended up overcooking it a bit. When I popped it out of the pan, it tore a little, but I decided that it was worth a shot to make it. I really should have just remade it....I ended up with a slightly lopsided cake. I realized once I started frosting the cake, that my icing may have been a bit to stiff, it wasn't spreading evenly and when I would go to add more, it just wanted to tear back what was already there. Many many lessons learned on this cake. Especially that the frosting I made, will not move once put in the fridge =/ which meant that I couldn't smooth it more like I wanted to!

Photobucket


Photobucket

I do start cake decorating classes tomorrow, and that should help with learing the basics. Does anyone know what "dirty icing" entails?


Photobucket

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com